Several LifeForm-related internships took place this spring and summer; let us start with the French side:
- Clara Scherbaum worked at LSV on Computing Cut Sets for Petri Nets; she developped unfolding-based techniques for determining sets of conditions to block from being satisfied so that some given place in the Net remains unmarked; such cut sets allow to ensure health properties in biological networks.
- Juraj Kolčák studied Efficient Analysis of Boolean Networks under Parameter Uncertainty in his master’s thesis accepted at Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic; the research was carried out at LSV under the joint supervision of Stefan Haar and Loïc Paulevé, together with master’s advisor David Safranek at Brno.
- Hugues Mandon successfully completed his master’s thesis on Algorithms for cellular reprogramming with Loïc Paulevé and Stefan Haar at LRI; he is now continuing as a PhD student at LSV under Stefan Haar and Loïc Paulevé.
- Céline CHEVALIER worked with Loïc Paulevé at LRI on a logical model for transcription regulation in Bacillus subtilis ; the results of her internship are presented here .
- Delia Casas Pastor did her MSc internship at Newcastle University under the supervision of Anil Wipat, Goksel Misirli and Wendy Smith and in cooperation with Victor Khomenko, on Deriving stress-specific biomarkers for Bacillus subtilis from the integration of RNA-seq and tiling data.